Associate Research Professor at the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC) - Institute of Public Goods and Policies (IPP) in Madrid (Spain). She got her Master's (2000) and Ph.D.'s degrees in Library and Information Science (2005) from the University of Granada. Member of the SCImago Research Group since its inception, in 2008, she obtained a tenured position at the CSIC and since then, acts as an external advisor at the company SCImago Lab.
Her research focuses on scientometrics, research evaluation, scholarly communication. She is interested in the analysis of dynamics and knowledge flows in the global science system, the representation, and visualization of scientific information and methodological proposals aimed at the design of indicators and scientific information systems. Currently, her research extends to the complementary exploration of new data and methodologies to analyze the significance of leadership in science and its influence on the definition of scientific research agendas to foster the scientific capabilities of countries, as well as on the potential of interdisciplinarity and collaboration. scientific to solve the objectives of sustainable development (SDG).
- Ph.D. in Information Science (Universidad de Granada, Spain). Doctoral Thesis “Análisis del Dominio Científico Español: 1995-2002 (ISI, Web of Science). January 2005.
- Master in Library and Information Science (Estudios Avanzados - DEA). Títle: “Análisis de la colaboración científica”. Universidad de Granada. October 2001.
- Bachelor's Degree in Library and Information Science. Universidad de Granada, 1994-1999.
- Visiting Professor. Peking University (China). November 2020-October 2022
- Specialty Chief Editor. Frontiers in Research Metrics and Analytics, January 2019
- Board of Directors. International Network for the Science of Team Science (INSciTS), June 2018 -
- Visiting Senior Researcher. Indiana University, Bloomington (USA). September 2016- 2018
- Associate Research Professor. Instituto de Políticas y Bienes Públicos. Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas, August 2008 -
- External Advisor. SCImago Lab, August 2008 -
- Associated Researcher. Research contract by SCImago Research Group through the Office for Transfer of Research Results (OTRI) - University of Granada (Spain). December 2005 – July 2008
- Post-doctoral fellowship. Plan Propio de la Universidad de Granada. 1 November 2004 - 31 October 2005
- Pre-doctoral fellowship. Personal Docente e Investigador. Junta de Andalucía. 1 November 2000 - 31 October 2004
- (AEAC) Asociación Española para el Avance de la Ciencia (2018-)
- (INSciTS) International Network for the Science of Team Science (2018-)
- (4S) Society for Social Studies of Science (2018-)
- (ISSI) International Society for Scientometrics and Informetrics (2016-)
- SCImago Lab (2008-)
- (CYTED) Red Iberoamericana sobre el Uso del Conocimiento Científico. Programa Iberoamericano de Ciencia y Tecnología para el Desarrollo (2008-)
- Triple Hélice de Valparaíso (Chile) (2005-)
- SCImago Research Group (2000-)